The Country Manager is responsible for the successful and sustainable operation of GWS Hub and SSC Heroes in a specific country. He / she has overall responsibility of all the performance KPIs and the people working for the organization in the specific country. He / she is a member of the Global Management Team (GMT) in GWS Hub.
Organization and team introduction
GWS Hub is an umbrella organization providing innovative online solutions for the shared services industry in the CEE region. Our main solutions are the SSC Heroes industry portal providing online employer branding services for our clients and the MagellanPass cloud-based recruitment solution pre-filtering and delivering candidates in an innovative way to our clients.
The organization was established in 2015 and it is growing rapidly since then. The founders’ objective is to build up a unique industry solution for the SSC sector and become market leader in this niche market.
The organization is rather small, it has a start-up like atmosphere and things are changing fast. We rely on every individual in the team to make the best of their best performance, as we are aiming to develop a world-class solution.
In this role, You will be part of 2 teams at the same time:
- Global Management Team (GMT) in GWS Hub including all Country Managers, Senior Partners, Managing Directors and Functional Leads
- Country Team, as you will be heading the business development and the operations in this country
Duties and responsibilities (Targets and KPIs)
- The Country Manager job includes being in charge of many areas of the business such as the followings:
- business development and sales
- client management
- recruitment and sourcing
- employer branding services
- marketing and PR
- HR and staffing
- back office and operations.
- The role is client facing and so daily contact with clients (shared service centers) is a big part of a Country Manager job, therefore the ability to communicate effectively is essential (both in English and in the local language of the country as well)
- A Country Manager will be responsible for managing all operations within a country. This involves taking responsibility for profit, revenue, expenditure and quality targets.
- Country Managers are expected to recruit and manage local staff, including performance monitoring, and possibly mentoring and training.
- Country Manger will have to to produce business performance reports on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Agreeing annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business operating plan are tasks a Country Manager may have to deliver as well as monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash.
- The Country Manager will be the “face” of the organization in the country. He / she should represent the company in meetings and in public appearances in the media or with governmental or non-profit organizations. Besides, he / she should attend industry-specific events and build out a network in order to support the business goals
Qualifications and other requirements
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with some qualifications in economics – a solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role involves agreeing annual budgets as well as producing financial reports.
- The ideal Country Manager is preferred to have experience in at least 2 of the following fields:
- Shared Service Centers (SSC / BPO / ITO centers)
- Recruitment and sourcing services
- Web-based / cloud-based software / recruitment software business
- A Country Manager job requires a strong understanding of how a business operates and successful candidates will have a proven track record demonstrating their understanding and business acumen.
- General management experience is essential for working in this job.
- In a Country Managers job, you need to have excellent networking skills.
- The job of a Country Manager needs to be able to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
- The ability to recruit staff and monitor performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Languages to be spoken at a professional level: English and Polish
- To effectively manage operations, a Country Manager needs to have knowledge and experience of the Shared Service Sector and the companies operating in the sector. They must fully understand the products and services provided by GWS Hub.
- Must be familiar with business computer software programs: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Apps, Google Drive
- A clean driving license.
The job requires a person to work in a flexible schedule and regularly work overtime – especially in the initial set-up and start-up period.
It also requires the candidate to travel within the country on a weekly basis and travel to GMT meetings to other EU countries (Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic) on a monthly basis.